Sunday, August 9, 2009

Canoeing








I've really enjoyed having the lake in our "backyard." If it's not raining, I canoe every evening. It's a short walk- 5 minutes- and we store the canoe on the shore. It's perfect. I usually just canoe with Charlie, but occasionally Silvio comes with us. We only use one paddle, so I've become the gondolier extraordinaire! I'm quite impressed with my canoeing skills- backing up, stopping, not being blown into the side on windy days.
I love the days when I'm alone (no offense Silv). The quiet and stillness give me time to be thankful for all the great things in my life. I look over and see my amazing dog running and smiling; I look down and the water is crystal clear; I look up and the sky goes on forever; I look inside and know I've come so far. Those are really great moments. I'll miss my lake this winter.


1 comment:

  1. We all miss you guys so much! I'm simply loving the pictures, though it does make me homesick.... :(

    The pics of your home (below) make me so jealous, as I wish I were there to help...!!! :)

    No doubt the fall weather is coming into being up there, as it is here. Hopefully it won't be too dreadfully cold for you folks, though....

    Keep posting more pictures, esp. of Charlie and the house...! :D

    Much peace and love, D, J & E! (woof!)

    ReplyDelete